Friday, June 13, 2014

Manor House Country Estate Inspiration

Hi Everyone :)

I want to share today a layout I created using the new and fabulous papers and flowers from the Country Estate Collection.

I used the "New Day" Paper as my base and because I wanted to add lots of mediums to my background I adhered it to a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard.  This just makes the paper stronger to withhold any sort of medium that is added.  So as you can see I went a little wild with lots of mist, masking and stamping...lol!

Melinda Thompson May 2014

I love the gorgeous bright colours in this new release...there is something about adding pops of colour to projects to make them stand out and of course because I was scrapping about my happy little boy who is now at the adorable age of 8 months..the bright yellows were just perfect.

Melinda Thompson May 2014-1

I LOVE the cute chipboard hearts...here I have covered them with a light coat of Gesso and then after I had glued them down I went over parts of the edges with some mist and a fine paint brush then quickly spraying some water afterwards to tone and blend the colour as well as highlight the edges.  I have also used a Romantique Frame and tore it in a few pieces and placed it at the top of my layout for some extra texture and layering.

Melinda Thompson May 2014-4

Melinda Thompson May 2014-5

Hope you have managed to get your hands on some of these new release items.
Thanks for stopping by today :)

illustration_Vintage Roses PMS 4625 C

Products Used:
Country Estate Papers
Heart Buttons
Swirl
Romantique Frame
Vinettes - Blue (misted)
Country Roses - Lemon
Denim Blues - Dark
Denim Blues - Light
Frilly Roses - Denim (misted)
Ballarina Thoughts Wandering Mixed Pack (Yellow)
Rustic (Blue)

3 comments:

  1. Love that you can add flowers to a boy page, this is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Min! So gorgeous, love the colors and the photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! This is so cherry it just makes me smile! Gorgeous clusters and design.:)

    ReplyDelete