Friday, December 7, 2012

Scrapbooking Memories Blog Hop!

 
Hello and welcome to the Scrapbooking Memories Blog Hop! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, I do hope you say hello :)))
 





I am excited to be joining in on the Scrapbooking Memories blog hop as my last project as a How-to: Advanced Columnist for Scrapbooking Memories  for this year....have you seen the fun take from the girls who have come before me on the hop ?



 


If you have been following along on the hop you would have seen there is a secret theme...have you guessed it yet?

So this is my take!
 
I created this canvas ages ago....like 6 months or so, but it just sat there and sat there.  I had everything on it bar the photo and some embellishments.  When I was asked to participate in this blog hop, I knew it was time to get it out and finish it off and I am so glad I did.  The gorgeous photo of my DH and my little boys taken on Fathers Day was perfect to finish it off.
 
"Cherish"
 


So I have added lots of closeups...they really don't show all the detail but I am sure you get the picture.  I LOVE the background paper from My Mind's Eye.  The shabby worn timber paling print was just perfect for me to rip and scrunch to give it a extra worn look.  Other papers include some Sass, Hambly Transparency.  The aqua bits that a poking out from around the edge is tissue paper. Lots of new and old Prima on this canvas as well.



Love those butterflies from Pink Paislee...as tempting as it was to colour them, I reckon they look beautiful just left as they are.


Lots of bandage gauze, and other fibres used as well.



AND here is my the key to my theme....can you guess what it is by reading this?  I found this quote on Pinterest and it was perfect for the task given to me. I printed it on a tag and it just sits behind the photo.



 
 

Make sure you pop back to the Scrapbooking Memories blog for handy hints and you can always have a guess while you’re at it!

So next along the way is the lovely and talented Lou Nelson!
 
 
Hope you have enjoyed the hop :))
 
Till next time...
Min xo

18 comments:

  1. wow that is awesome. so glad you u have showed us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful min! wish i could see this in real life!!!!!

    where do you live again.... haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the layers, the textures, those flowers and the butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!!! Loads of beautiful details xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your mixed media backgrounds and all that wonderful layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Min. Love the colours and the texture/distressing. Beautiful beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, this is simply amazing! I love all the details and the soft, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful Min, so gals you got in and finished it off.. lovely photo, and all your details and flowers... love it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melinda this is like holy crap SOOOOOO INCREDIBLY STUNNING, IM going back for another look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply stunning! The details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I don't know how you let it sit for so long before finishing it - I don't think I would have been able to contain myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous Melinda & I do love the little quote too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous, WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. please keep sharing of knowledges with us.Thanks a lot for your great posting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. please keep sharing of knowledges with us.Thanks a lot for your great posting.

    scrapbookmax12@gmail.com
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com

    ReplyDelete