Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where have I been??....

Hello everyone,

I know its been a while since I last blogged and I wish I could say I have been holidaying at an exotic island, soaking up the sun, relaxing under some palm trees...lol!! but no...just school holidays....I will say no more!! Actually we have been away most of the time, camping at a secluded beach near Mackay over Easter with a bunch of lovely friends and then headed south in the second week for my Grandad's 90th birthday.  I think we did over 30 hours driving over the 2 weeks and I would be happy not to be back in the car for long trip for a good while...!!!

Anyway I am late posting this up because the month is nearly over....gasp!!....but I thought I would share it anyway. 

This months challenge at SCRAP FOR HELP is to use BUTTONS on your project.  This month I decided to create a little something to add to my craft area.  It is really something I need to do more at these days....BREATHE....!!!  My hubby works incredibly long days, with shift work thrown in there every now and then and sometimes I find myself overwhelmed with all that I have to do on my own.  I know that I am not the only one that is in this situation so I am sure you will understand how important it is to be reminded to BREATHE and enjoy life!! :)))))

I decided to to a bit of a mixed media project.  Lots of layers of gesso, TA mist & glaze, Shimmerz products. Had a lot of fun doing something different.  This is made on some Prima packaging and the little lady is from Glitz.


An older Heidi Swapp verb sticker and some cute little Prima flowers added in for some colour.



That's it for tonight, I will be back in a couple of days with some more :))

Hugs
Min xo

15 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG Melinda this is just INCREDIBLE, the layers and gruny feel is just smokin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...simply brilliant! Love the grunginess of it & it's certainly a good message ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute :-) love the background colour with the pop of pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Hello. Glad you are back and yes, the school holidays put everything out....lol.
    Loved this when I saw it Min. What an awesome addition to your room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Min! Just love it... good advise that... hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWW!!! Just WOW!!! I love what you did with those buttons!! And glad you had a a good vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Min, It sounds like you need some creative space and this looks wonderful.. I love all the mixed embellies in the corner...and yes the school holidays are sposed to be a time when you aren't in the car and you get time at home... so I hope you get some scrappy time this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeousness!! Thats the wonderful thing about this hobby is it allows you time to breathe and just enjoy! Glad your back to share you fab work again. Tx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, just lovely. I do so love texture combined with a bit of 'pretty' and a bit of 'grunge' ...it's my favourite thing and what you've created is a perfect mix. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so glad you are back Min!!! I have missed your gorgeous creations. What an amazing, stunning piece to add to your scra room. Love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh SO wonderful!! Love it love it Min!! I honestly think this is probably the best way of how to incorporate buttons in the project. Thanks for sharing this, certainly inspiring! Have a good rest and enjoy Wednesday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowsers!!!! That is just stunning you clever chook!!
    I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday babe ;0)
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Min, it's so cute!!!! and so so true:):) Yep, back to school this week.....ready to learn more, gosh they learn so fast these days and have to know so much so soon!! Have a great rest of the week Min, thanks for popping by my blog too xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wow, wow!!!!! This is AMAZING - so Finnabairish!! Just adore it! Sorry life is tough without hubby around so much - I do know about that as mine goes off to China for 10 days at a time but fortunately only ever 3 months - then I HATE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there Min so good to see you back!!!!!!
    What can I say about your creation but OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love the grunginess and i love what you havedone with the buttons!...just gorgeous...good to see you back!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete