Friday, February 17, 2012

Canvas

Hello everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Last month I got a little creative and did a canvas, my very 1st one by the way, for Manorhouse Creations. I am so happy with it...even tho I know there is room for improvement.  But happy for it being my 1st and all.

I used the canvas back to front...just cause I wanted to be different! lol!!

And just to give anyone who might be thinking they would love to try one of these OTP items, my tip is
DON'T think...just start! If you think to much, you will never do one or like me...it took ages for me to get going...lol! I have had this canvas for mmmm....probably going on over 6 months now!

So my process was this....I knew the colour scheme I wanted so I picked up the Prima brick mask and my two mist sprays, sprayed and dripped...mopped and blended with a paper towel and I came up with a background I was fairly happy with.

My World.... these little boys are really my world...I would be so lost without them.  In fact lately, I have been missing having Riley at home, but boy he is having fun at school and has really matured.  Some of the things he comes out with just cracks me up!! Anyway...I have lots of stories to scrap about that's for sure!


Those Oak leaves from Manorhouse are my favourite!! And the lime green flower and the yellow flower were both originally white...with a little Glimmermist and Shimmerz can certainly give them a lift :)))

Can't help but add in a bit of Prima...metal bicycle and heart as well as the metal button..:))

The aqua Cutie Pie flowers are also my favourite!

The frame border has lots of layers on it...first some gesso then lots of crackle paint and more Glimmermist and finally some Shimmerz!

I now plan to do more canvas's and next time I will show you my process thru a step x step.

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting :)))
Min xx

25 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous Min. Beautiful colors. I have done the inside out canvas a while ago too to get that border. Love the crackle paint and the perfect way to use the Prima pieces so they can be seen and not put away in an album. I must get back into another canvas at some stage. I only have about 10 sitting there in my stash....
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it and what a great idea to use the canvas that way - I'm a novice but I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo! Love that you've used the back of the canvas Min. In fact I love everything about the whole canvas... fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try a canvas too! Oh, believe me..the photo looks like it is inside a natural garden...awesome colors, awesome work!!!TFS!!
    Hugss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to say that I would LOVE a step by step from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Stunning Stunning Min!! I just adore the crackled border and the beautiful colours and textures really draw you in. What a gorgeous work of art! :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo beautiful Min - I have 3 of these in my stash and I can not bring myself to do them... too much pressure for some crazy reason. I would love to see a step x step. The crackle paint is so perfect on this as well as those beautiful flowers. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Min!! i was wondering what you meant when you said back to front... now i know and i love the way that looks.. like it is framed and it keeps it all snug together.. i have done one canvas before and had a lot of fun with it,, i guess i should give it another go...i like to do OTP for gifts, so i should keep that in mind... back to your canvas.. this is stunning.. the colors are gorgeous, and i love all the background preparation you have done too.. i am learning more about the back ground lately, that even if you put layers over it, what you do see can make all the difference and add so much... thanks for the inspiration you give, you are a wonderful scrapper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! GORGEOUS!! I tell you this Melinda..you will be hooked on canvases now. I have just created a few for my DT projects which I cant reveal yet, but I am telling you I am hooked. Its still scrapping but with less rules involved I think..you just kind of go for it. Plus they are easy to hang up etc. Yours looks amazing. The colours..everything is just great! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my Min!!!! room for improvement WHAT i dont think so!!! this is just gorgeous!!!!
    I love love love IT!!!!
    those colours and that cluster all of it is just outerly STUNNING!!!
    Take care and have a great weekend
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Bet it looks stunning on the wall!! :-) Beautiful colours and pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Min love it all those colors are great together used them myself a few times.Love the crackle border too take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG WOW Min your canvas creation is absolutely divine!!! ADORE the colours, the layers the details, just LOVE everything about this.. gorgeous work and very inspiring!! :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This canvas is beautiful, I love the richness and depth of the colours and the lovely texture of the crackled border....ha, very good for a first go, I expect to see heaps more now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning Min, loving the crackle paint on the border and great idea to reverse the canvas, would never have thought of that! cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh! This is gorgeous! LOVE this!!! Great colors, great embellishments, great crackled boarder, great - everything! :) And love the idea to use the back of the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything about this amazing work of art is just perfect. So very beautiful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Min ... this is soooooooooooooooo delish .... sooooooooooooooooo amazing and I just adore it .. all of it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks wondeful Min!! I love the colours and gorgeous pic! You should be very proud of it. :)
    Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulously beautiful - I need to come back & study this one with a fine toothed comb...simply gorgeous...or not so simply!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my this one is just GORGEOUS Melinda I just LOVE your layers, misting flowers, design...we everything!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's stunning Min. I love everything about it. The colours are amazing and the embellies. A very inspiring canvas indeed. Would love to see you do another one and read your step by step xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just divine, love all of it, the colours and all the bits and pieces, a treasured possession. Take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have inspired me to pull out a 12 x 12 canvas and get all inky!! This is just gorgeous. The colors and the design are simply amazing!!!TFS...

    ReplyDelete