Friday, February 25, 2011

Get Picky Sketch

Well its Friday already and nearly the end of another month!!!

So before the month ends I wanted to do a few challenges.  First one I will share with you today is the sketch challenge for Get Picky.

Mad about Cars.  Finlay really is mad about cars and not only just cars in general but Cars as in Lightening McQueen.  He will sit for ages and look thru the story books and between both boys they just about have the complete set of Cars characters.   We sometimes do have squabbles over who will drive what...lol!!

So I have turned the sketch and squashed it down a little to suit "me".  Lots of different techniques used on this one.  Using some old Rusty Pickle paper I got out the good ol' bubble wrap and stamped in glimmermist, wiped over with a baby wipe some Gesso and then went around some of the circles randomly with a pin. I stitched and distressed and added mist splatters and then turned some eyelets upside down for a different look. Do you love that little car?? I got it from HERE.



Well I was featured again at Colour Combo Galores during the week which was very exciting and I am in love with this new colour palette. How beautiful and soft are these colours.  I hope I get the chance to give it a go.

Have a great weekend!
xx

15 comments:

  1. Oh i just love that paper. Just love the bubble wrap, glimmermist, Gesso and the circles. Then the distressed edges, the stitching, the aqua, FABBO chicky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cars and boys = fun uh! :))
    love all those new techniques, looks GREAT!!
    Love that colour palette, nice and soft :))
    Have a good weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Min, what a great effect you achieved with the paint/mist and gesso! looks really excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, love your layout and that car is too cute. Take care, Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous grungy page Min! Congrats on getting featured again at CCG. Your layout was stunning!
    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super gorgeous min... love your pp's and colours. congrats on the feature too and have a fab w/end... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love your page! That car is gorgeous! Congrats on the feature too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the eyelets - I like them better that way I think! I totally love your paintwork and everything here! Heidi is SO into "Cars" too! She knows all the sayings and has most of them too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on fire Min!! What an awesome layout! And congrats on being featured again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love , love how you used the sketch and I do love that little car - such a great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page Min... love the misting & paint work.. loving everything here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great page Melinda! Bet it feels great to get some challenges done after all :-) That colour palette is really nice ... can't wait to see it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun take on the sketch! Love all your distressing, inking, and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fanstastic layout Melinda - love the distressing and the little details :):):) I have little boys that love Cars too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been scrolling about on your blog. Love your layouts. Newest follower.

    ReplyDelete