Thursday, December 9, 2010

Get Picky....

Hello everyone,

Thank you to all the lovely ladies that left me messages yesterday.  Life sure is hard when you have a sick little one and your overtired yourself, but somehow we get thru hey, and sometimes its hearing from others that just brighten up our day :)!  Well Finlay is still sick, mainly at night, as all you mummy's would know, it's so much worse at night.  Poor little man, he is just miserable!

Anyway, I got a little sidetracked from the reason of my post.  I loved this month's inspiration challenge at GET PICKY. I found there was so much to be inspired by this picture.  I will list a few things so you get the idea where I came up with my ideas. (does that make sense...I never know these days...lol!!)

Here is the picture.


Here is my LO (apologies for the bad photo.  The weather is so overcast here today :(!!)

(always BE STRONG for each other)

I took inspiration from the gorgeous colours in this room.  The placement of the chair for my photos and the chest of drawers for my journaling.  I LOVED the black lantern (I think thats what it is) on top of the chest of drawers and immediately I knew I wanted to use my Twiddlybitz Nero Wrought Iron Chipboard.  But mostly the word STRONG stood out to me as it was the only word in bold.  I wanted that to be my focus point on my layout and journal about how important it is to be strong for each other in life.

I came to understand how important this is as just in my early 20's my mother was diagnosed with aggressive uterine cancer.  It was something that as all people that receive news like this, was a terrible shock and it took a lot of courage to be so STRONG for my mum especially when she had no strength of her own to even speak.  I won't go on with all the details but that is something I want to pass on to my children, is that there will be in life times that will be hard, things will go wrong but if we can learn to lean on each other and be strong for each other, it makes the hard times that much more easier.  Does this even makes sense....oh well I think you get the picture.

Anyway, that is just a few things that inspired me to create this LO. But over all I just LOVED the Audry Hepburn quote...so much to think about.




Here are a few close up's.




Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope you are having a great day :)
xo

16 comments:

  1. Oh Min I just love this! Love the colour scheme, your journalling on the masking tape, the butterflies, well everything really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this page!! Every fabulous bit!! Just adore the little pics and that chippy is gorgeous, love how you've used it.
    Take care, thinking of you guys xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey min this is just lovely!!!!! luv everything!! the journalling is fab..... i have to give this challenge a go too... must get off my butt n get it done! I was going to focus on the word strong as well. feel exactly the same way as u bout leaning on n being strong for each other in times of need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Min this is absolutely gorgeous...Love the way you have used the journaling strips.. creates a shabby feel to the page .. butterflies are sweet too .. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout and your journalling is so beautiful Melinda:):):) and I could not agree more, the older we get the more we do understand how important it is to rely on that inner strength. Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful layout at Get Picky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this and the message too.. Love your style..

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing page, Min!!! Absolutely stunning! You should win for this! I hope you do anyway - this is insanely awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whata very special page. I love your journalling, it is perfect, and it looks amazing on that tape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this LO, all the little details and especially the journaling on the masking tape! You are super woman....with a sick little boy, lack of sleep and you still produce such an amazing LO!!!! Hope your little boy is getting better, I really feel for you I know what its like have a little one so sick with croup, so stressful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!! just popping in.. i love your take on the get picky challenge.. i love all the thought behind it and the special journalling.. beautiful layout..

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Min...I LOVE THIS! This is wonderful! What a great job you have done. I love all the journaling and the punched out butterflies ..wow! Hope your little one is better. Only a mother can understand just how bad it can get when they are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH WOW Min so LOVE this LO and the message you are passing on to your children... just gorgeous in every way!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh... love it min! awesome design... and even better journaling... :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, what a gorgeous layout, yummy details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, I love all the details on this Melinda

    ReplyDelete